Today is a great day for innovation and Ideas from Europe, because we are very proud and pleased to announce that former TEDxBinnenhof speaker Marjolein Helder and friend and immense supporter in his capacity as envoy of StartupDelta Prince Constantijn van Oranje, are chosen to part the High Level Group at the European Innovation Council.
The European Innovation Council will help start-ups and scale-ups connect with investors, business partners, universities and research centers.
The High Level group will advise the Commission on how to strengthen support for breakthrough, market-creating innovation in Horizon 2020 and future research and innovation programs. European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation Carlos Moedas is confident that this group will ‘boosting the quality of EU support for breakthrough, market-creating innovation.
Marjolein Helder is an all-round Environmental Technologist, specialized in sustainable energy. She finished her PhD-research into producing electricity with living plants in November 2012. She is CEO of Plant-e, developing products to produce electricity from living plants. In 2014, Marjolein took the stage at TEDxBinnenhof to talk about being green.
Constantijn van Oranje
Constantijn is the special envoy of StartupDelta, aiming to merge the Dutch startup ecosystem into one single connected hub via government, corporations and the main innovation hubs.
The members of the High Level Group
- Nicklas Bergman, Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of Quid Tu Vides and Intergalactic Industries, Co-founder of Nirab Parts
- Martin Bruncko, Founder and Managing Partner of Steam Capital
- Paddy Cosgrave, Founder and CEO of Web Summit and f.ounders
- Gráinne Dwyer, CEO of Ludgate Hub
- Hermann Maria Hauser, Entrepreneur, Co-founder of Amadeus Capital Partners
- Marjolein Helder, Founder and CEO of Plant-e
- Taavet Hinrikus, Co-Founder and CEO of TransferWise
- Ingmar Hoerr, Chairman and CEO of CureVac
- Bindi Karia, Start-up expert and advisor
- Jana Kolar, CEO of CERIC-ERIC and governing board member of the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT)
- Carlos Oliveira, Entrepreneur, founder of Skyuber, CEO of ebankIT, NED of ASAP54, Codevision, CardMobili, PepFeed, President of InvestBraga and Startup Braga
- Jim Hagemann Snabe, Board of Trustees Member, Word Economic Forum, and Adjunct Professor at Copenhagen Business School
- Kinga Stanisławska, Managing Partner and Founder of Experior Venture Fund
- Constantijn Van Oranje-Nassau, Special Envoy StartupDelta
- Roxanne Varza, CEO of StationF
Ideas from Europe
The instalment of the High Level Group at the European Innovation Council is a great step towards innovation and taking on global challenges with European solutions from the bottom up.
Exactly what Ideas from Europe started in 2016 and continues in the coming years. We are looking forward to work with the European Innovation Council and are very proud that ‘two of us’ are on the Council to help innovation in Europe.