- How did TEDxBinnenhof | Ideas from Europe inspire your mission and/or event?
TEDxBinnenhof | Ideas from Europe got us thinking about organising a similar event in Algeria. We used TEDxBinnenhof as a basis, and even two of its video’s will be screened in Algiers. Added with live talks from a Dutch / Algerian entrepreneurs and the Tunisian representative of Spark (start-up incubator) and two panel discussions. Algeria’s first TEDx Salon will take the name of TEDxBinnenhofSalonAlgiers.
- What will your event look like?
Our event, the TEDxBinnenhofSalonAlgiers centres on the theme of start-up & entrepreneurs. The full theme of this day: Netherlands Entrepreneurs share their innovative ideas and experiences with business start-ups.It will be a salon session, so after the video talks from The Hague and the live talks in Algiers, there will be two moderated panel discussions. With participants from the business world of Algeria, but also the chamber of commerce, public entrepreneurial agencies, business organisations and incubators and even a representative of the Dutch PUM program.
- Who will be invited to your event?
We expect approximately 200 people at the event; young entrepreneurs, established businessmen, students, economic development policy makers from both Algeria and the international scene, start-ups, businesses participating in the chamber of commerce program to support starting businesses. An Algiers-based Dutch entrepreneur will share has experiences in a talk, while the director of a Dutch multinational branch in Algeria will participate in the panel.
- What do you hope to achieve by organizing this event?
What we hope to gain:
- Inspire and encourage young Algerian students and entrepreneurs, and share knowledge presented in the Netherlands at TEDxBinnenhof;
- Promote discussions between Algerian and Dutch companies, Algerian responsible authorities, entrepreneurs, SME’s, anybody with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Strengthen the dialogue and support potential cooperation between Algerian and Dutch start-uppers;
- Discuss the importance of accompanying business startups in the Algerian context through examples from the Netherlands and Algeria;
We will achieve this by:
- Creating an environment where Dutch entrepreneurs, PUM expert, Dutch incubator experts share the Dutch experience in starting up a business and meet/network with Algerian local start-ups, businesses and relevant institutions.
- Facilitating the exchange of experiences between established entrepreneurs & start-up supporters on innovation and students and upcoming entrepreneurs.
- Informing & inspiring potential entrepreneurs.
- Establishing contacts between (Dutch) entrepreneurs and local start-ups.
- Generating contacts between Algerian institutions and authorities (Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Labor and Employment, Ministry of Industry, ANSEJ, ANGEM, CNAC..etc) and Dutch experts in the domain of accompanying business startups.