- How did TEDxBinnenhof | Ideas from Europe inspire your mission and/or event?
We are always on the lookout for new hooks and ideas that can open doors for Dutch SME’s to enter the Belgian market. Belgium is a very challenging market. It demands a high level of innovation and creativity from Dutch entrepreneurs and SME’s to be able to stand out and be successful here. TEDxBinnenhof gives us the opportunity to communicate the importance of cross-border sharing of ideas and networks to grow business.
This year’s TEDxBinnenhof took place in the framework of the Netherlands Presidency of the Council of the EU. From the Embassy in Brussels, we were happy with the chance to support the Dutch Presidency this way.
- What will your event look like?
The theme is startups and entrepreneurial spirits. The challenge of the live talks focuses on Raw Materials and Energy with focus on Cradle-to-cradle.
The format is a fun and inspiring afternoon with a kick-off by, Laurent Hublet, Advisor in charge of Digital Agenda at Belgian Federal Government and Cabinet of the Deputy Prime Minister Alexander De Croo and Frank Stocks, Managing Director ING Belgium.
Followed by a key note from Sonja van Meerbeek (Director TEDxBinnenhof), a viewing moment with the best of TEDxBinnenhof 2016:
– Jos Joore, Mimetas (NL)
– Anita Schjøll Brede, Iris Al (NO)
– Gerhard Dust – PolyCare (DE) and live presentations by mind changing entrepreneurs from the Netherlands and Belgium addressing the challenge of Raw Materials and Cradle-to-Cradle technology:
– Jasper Verreydt – Turbulent Hydro (BE)
– Ben Ratelband – Stexfibers (NL)
– Jan-Willem Rombouts and Pieter-Jan Mermans – REstore(BE)
Ambassador of the Netherlands in Belgium, Maryem van den Heuvel, will close the afternoon with a reflection on the day and what is ahead, eg. Startup Fest Europe, and an invitation to the Mix & Mingle network reception.
- Who will be invited to your event?
We are focussing on bringing the Belgian and Dutch startup communities together, hence our cooperation the Startups.be and ING Belgium in organizing this event, as well as representatives of relevant EU institutions and associations. For example DG Connect, Digital Europe, Business Europe as well as Embassies and Permanent Representations of other EU member states.
- What do you hope to achieve by organizing this event?
Connecting the Dutch and Belgian startup communities.
A bridge for Belgian startups to come to Startup Fest Europe.
A unique get-together of innovative parties and people in Brussel that supports growth and entrepreneurship in Europe.